I’m a big fan of zucchini especially breaded and baked zucchini chips. What a great snack! My one stipulation…no soggy coating allowed. Cristina came across this recipe from the Nutritionists Kitchen so we gave it a try. Crispy coating all the way. And good too! Here goes…
What you need:
- 1/4 cup dry whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (you could also use skim milk)
- 2 1/2 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- Cooking spray
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl stirring with a whisk.
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk and dredge in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place coated slices on an oven proof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until browned and crisped. (Our oven bakes quick so we made sure to keep a close eye on them- don’t want burnt chips!)
*Recipe from Nutritionists Kitchen