To celebrate the arrival of fall, Julia and I headed to the kitchen. No question, pumpkin had to be the star of the show and I couldn’t have been more delighted. These little babies are loaded with tidbits of flavour and yummy goodness. So, lets get started.
But first, what makes for chaos in the kitchen? Baking on game day. YIKES! The guys (also our taste testers) budded their way to our preheated oven and in went the chicken wings. Nice move guys.
Pumpkin Passion Cookies
What you need:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 teaspoon all spice
1/3 teaspoon ground cloves
1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter; softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries (pomegranate infused)
1/2 cup toffee bits
What you do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or spray well.
2. Mix together flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, all spice, cloves, nutmeg, and salt in medium bowl and set aside. Beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy.
3. Add pumpkin, egg and vanilla extract – mix well. Add flour mixture gradually and combine. Fold in white chocolate chips and dried cranberries and toffee bits.
4. Drop by tablespoons onto baking sheets.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned rotating halfway through. Cool on baking sheets.
*Optional – sprinkle additional toffee bits on top of cookie either before baking or right after they come out of the oven*